Accessibility Statement & Changelog
Westofcamden.com strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. Westofcamden.com has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on Westofcamden.com
Westofcamden.com makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Westofcamden.com to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The Westofcamden.com accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Westofcamden.com continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on Westofcamden.com fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on Westofcamden.com or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours and will be happy to assist. You can also contact us on any of our social media platforms 24/7 such as; Facebook and Instagram.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact Westofcamden.com Customer Support as follows:
Email: [email protected]
- Added live chat by Tidio
- Fully functional chat that works with keyboard tab functions
- Fixed in-store pickup buttons within cart page to work better with keyboard shortcuts.
- Updated small logos to SVG format to remove blur while using zoom functions on devices.
- Updated product pages to a cleaner layout. Easier for screen readers to understand.
- Added stock notifications and made color scheme easier to view.
- Updated main navigation menu with clickable top-level menu items. Makes it easier to understand for screen readers.
- Updated store location pages with easier to use layout.
- Updated HTML version of sitemap and added to footer section for easier access.
- Updated 'Skip Navigation' tab link to work better with current layout.
- Removed drop down product option menus and replaced with fully visible option buttons.
- Updated footer header tags
- Fixed minor spelling issue in catalog filter drop down section.
- Updated search and product buttons to work better with forms
- Updated redundant mobile/desktop responsive cart link.
- Updated contrast colors on notifications, alerts and error messages.
- Updated mobile menu functions to better work across all OS
- Updated job board (jobs.westofcamden.com) & sub-pages to include 'Userway Website Accessibility Widget'.
- Updated breadcrumbs to reflect better wording for back links. Helps screen readers understand links better.
- Slight design change to catalog pages in order to make contrast colors easier to read.
- Added additional aria code to (+) and (-) buttons on product pages to better help screen readers understand button functions.
- Updated brand names on product category pages to link to brand pages.
- Expanded Alt tags on product category pages to include color of item in picture, if color is available.
- Updated contrast colors of Accessibility Widget.
- Added 'Userway Website Accessibility Widget'.
- Updated menu system to show hidden menu sections while using tab (keyboard users)
- Updated contrast colors for Focus elements.
- Fixed minor spelling issues