West of Camden (also known as 'Westofcamden.com' & 'WoC') strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. West of Camden has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on Westofcamden.com
West of Camden makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows West of Camden.com to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The West of Camden accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
West of Camden continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities. Accessibility menu is not available on mobile devices under the screen size 420px and below for any user, as it may hinder the ability to click certain objects.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on West of Camden fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Third Party Sites
Within our site we make use of a variety of third-party websites and apps such as Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook to share news and information about West of Camden and westofcamden.com products, events and services. These sites are not controlled or operated by West of Camden. If you have any questions or concerns about such sites please contact them directly and refer to their publicly provided accessibility policies.
This website is regularly tested using a variety of assistive technologies. We recommend using the following web browser and screen reading combination for an optimized experience:
Windows users: JAWS and Chrome or NVDA and Firefox
Mac users: VoiceOver and Safari or VoiceOver and Chrome
Mobile users: VoiceOver for the iPhone and TalkBack for Android devices
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on West of Camden or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours and will be happy to assist. You can also contact us on any of our social media platforms 24/7 such as; Facebook and Instagram.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact West of Camden Customer Support as follows:
Email: [email protected]
- Updated accessibility statement to include optimized experiences and recommend browser and screen reader combinations.
- Added sticky header menu
- Added additional accessibility features to pop-ups.
- Removed size chart from variant picker and added as its own standalone block.
- Updated collection page sorting section
- Added CCPA Opt-Out link to the global footer for easier access.
- Removed live chat software due to conflicts with page loading.
- Theme update for iOS15
- Aria-Live on sliders disabled for better accessibility
- Social link 'noopener' attribute for accessibility added.
- Empty cart button label updated.
- Grey background removed from search page due to color issues.
- Updated theme with general improvements for A11y Standards.
- Updated Placeholder images.
- Fixed minor bugs on the cart and in-store pickup sections.
- Added additional notifications that work with screen reader software to alert user that item has been added to cart.
- Added 'Store Availability' section on each product page to better help all users, find in-store items.
- Added phone number links to 'Store Availability', making easier for mobile users to contact store locations.
- Updated popup window code. Now works better with screen reading software.
- Updated contrast colors of backgrounds from titles (h1 - h4 tags) that sit upon pictures. Helps vision impaired read titles better.
- Updated header menu system to allow a bigger view of the entire store sub-menu. Making it easier to use for people are vision impaired and easier to navigate using keyboard controls.
- Made several improvements to invoices, making it easier to print.
- Updated colors for keyboard control highlighted sections. Making it easier to understand which links are highlighted.
- Updated alt text for placeholder product sections. Making it easier to understand for screen readers if product picture is not available.
- Added live chat.
- Fully functional chat that works with keyboard tab functions
- Fixed in-store pickup buttons within cart page to work better with keyboard shortcuts.
- Updated small logos to SVG format to remove blur while using zoom functions on devices.
- Updated product pages to a cleaner layout. Easier for screen readers to understand.
- Added stock notifications and made color scheme easier to view.
- Updated main navigation menu with clickable top-level menu items. Makes it easier to understand for screen readers.
- Updated store location pages with easier to use layout.
- Updated HTML version of sitemap and added to footer section for easier access.
- Updated 'Skip Navigation' tab link to work better with current layout.
- Removed drop down product option menus and replaced with fully visible option buttons.
- Updated footer header tags
- Fixed minor spelling issue in catalog filter drop down section.
- Updated search and product buttons to work better with forms
- Updated redundant mobile/desktop responsive cart link.
- Updated contrast colors on notifications, alerts and error messages.
- Updated mobile menu functions to better work across all OS
- Updated job board (jobs.westofcamden.com) & sub-pages to include 'Userway Website Accessibility Widget'.
- Updated breadcrumbs to reflect better wording for back links. Helps screen readers understand links better.
- Slight design change to catalog pages in order to make contrast colors easier to read.
- Added additional aria code to (+) and (-) buttons on product pages to better help screen readers understand button functions.
- Updated brand names on product category pages to link to brand pages.
- Expanded Alt tags on product category pages to include color of item in picture, if color is available.
- Updated contrast colors of Accessibility Widget.
- Added 'Userway Website Accessibility Widget'.
- Updated menu system to show hidden menu sections while using tab (keyboard users)
- Updated contrast colors for Focus elements.
- Fixed minor spelling issues